Thursday, November 25, 2010

beautiful disaster

I woke up reluctantly upon hearing my dad's voice. He was nagging endlessly, disturbing my peaceful rest. Dad's not usually like this. I've known my dad forever so I can safely say that there's a hidden agenda. He nagged about all kind of stuff. Mostly, he nagged about the state of the house but there's this one particular thing that CAPTURES my attention - it makes me fuming mad. He nagged about SOCKS. Scolding me and my brothers, about not washing our own socks and how my mum had to do everything by herself. I rolled my eyes, and thought to myself. "Dude, it's already school holiday, for crying out loud!" I mean, seriously. Who needs all those socks, when you can just buy a NEW one? I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not being a spoil-brat here. But, those socks? Seriously?! You still wanna wear it? Despite knowing that there're holes EVERYWHERE?! Come'on....! Oh and, mum's not at home; she went out to do some groceries shopping for today. It's Thanksgiving day, today. But, thanks to my dad, I've already lost my appetite for the celebration.

Sometimes....
Parents can be such a........... pain in the butt! I'm still very angry with my dad, tho.  But, deep down. I'm kinda glad he did all that. Eventhough, I'm fully aware of the hidden agenda-.-
I'm glad because he makes me realised how sinful I was towards my mum. For dumping everything at her. Not appreaciate what she has done for me. I felt bad. And guilty. Just because I'm a 21st century kid, doesn't mean I have to put aside my responsibility as a daughter, right? And, do you even know why, we have to help our mum do the household chores and everything? Imagine yourself in their shoes. Do you think it's easy to do all that by yourself? So people........... I hope you take this as a lesson learnt. All you gotta do is just stretch out your hands to offer them your help. It's not really that difficult, right people?

Please your mum, before it's too late.
Just like the malay proverb saying; Syurga di tapak kaki ibu. (:


Peace! ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment